Sunday, July 28, 2013

New Blog Design!

I'm less than a week away from heading into the jungle!  I haven't updated the blog recently, because I've been real busy traveling around Indonesia to get to where I am now, Ketapang (the town closest to Gunung Palung National Park, where I will be working).

I spent most of my day yesterday upgrading the site's layout. My internet there will be much more limited (as in, I'll just be able to access it from my iPhone using my indonesian cellphone network.). Now is the only time I'll be able to mess around with the site, so it better be good. I'm also working on integrating facebook and twitter to the updates. The goal is to get as many views, shares, and likes as possible, in order to promote the conservation project I'm working with, Gunung Palung Orangutan Project (donate! It's for a good cause).

Over the next few days, I'll be updating you on my last week-and-a-half. It's been a crazy but interesting journey making it here. I've been through a lot, including (but not limited to) planes, trains, buses, ojeks, eating lots of indonesian food (mmm, gado-gado), living with an Indonesian family outside of Jakarta, office-visits for permits (meh), fasting for Ramadan, riding motorcycles throughout the city, trading blackberries and bartering for cellphone parts, spontaneous movie dates in Jakarta, having really great conversations with other travelers, waking up in an australian's house on the other side of Jakarta, being broke ($1.30!), staying in nice hostels, staying in seedy hostels, avoiding stalkers, 6-hour boat rides, motorcycling, getting marriage proposals, etc.

Oh, Jakarta. There's a lot to talk about.

I'll leave you with this for now:

The skyline of a very interesting city.





No comments:

Post a Comment